I’m still being asked by clients what should they be doing with Twitter.
I get it that they don’t get the whole 140 character thing.
Some are now beginning to use Twitter lists.
Some are tweeting.
But, even here some feel they should be doing more.
And, they’re right, they should!
They just don’t know what is or how to do it.
In this article, I’m going to talk about one of the things that Twitter is great for and that’s research!
Let’s get started!
The first good question that you may have is why would you even want to do research on Twitter?
I’ll give you three very good reasons:
- Discover what’s happening or trending in your particular industry
- Learn what your competitors are doing
- Keep up to date on your clients or potential clients
Good enough for you? I thought so!
Your next good question is how do you do this?
Here’s how you start with this one:
- Start with your keyword lists (Remember those?)
- Then go to your Twitter lists which ideally have been based on your keywords
- Use Twitter Search
- And if you don’t have a social media account manager like Hootsuite already, now would be a good time to acquire one!
- With these tools begin to find answers to the questions listed above, in addition, you’ll find the following (Trust me you will!):
- New connections
- Ideas for your content strategy
Twitter doesn’t sit there are give you the answers you’re searching for. It’s a not a silver bullet!
But, if you spend time with it in a disciplined and scheduled manner then you will see results.
Just go in knowing what you’re looking for and how you’ll do it!
That’s it for now!
Also, never forget to reach out to either ask questions or to ask for help from someone like myself!
In the meantime, thank you for following and reading my blog!
I look forward to any and all comments that you may have. I will reply to any comments made to this blog post as promptly as I can.
I do this for a living and if I can be of any assistance to either you or your organization, please feel free to call on me. Our initial discussion will be of no charge to you.
I can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Twitter handle is @conpsweeney.