OK, many of you are probably asking yourselves how would you even know what this is?
That’s a fair question.
So, let’s answer that question first and then discuss how you can become one yourself!
Here’re are a few signs that you’re a social media influencer:
- Your social media community is growing steadily (Which social media channel you use or how many is not as important right now for you as is just getting started!)
- You have informative and lively discussions with many different people on your social media channels
- Other prominent influencers and subject matter experts (SME) in your niche are following and engaging with you
- Your content is being liked, shared, and commented upon frequently and regularly
Sounds simple, right?
Now, let’s talk about how you can achieve this for yourselves.
These are steps to follow to becoming an influencer on social media:
- Have well written profiles in a well defined niche on your social media channels (No “Everyman” profiles)
- Create original, thoughtful, and value added content (No “also ran” stuff)
- Follow and engage with other in your niche on social media
- Leave meaningful comments on the content of others and share it out to your community
- Make yourself available to your social media community and always reply in a timely manner
- Avoid bad behavior!
Maybe not so simple, eh?
Actually, it is!
Just put time, effort, and discipline into your social media program and you can become an influencer in your chosen field!
That’s it for now!
Please check-out my 8 step approach for developing a social media program to get some more ideas on how to use social media.
Also, never forget to reach out to either ask questions or to ask for help from someone like myself!
In the meantime, thank you for following and reading my blog!
I look forward to any and all comments that you may have. I will reply to any comments made to this blog post as promptly as I can.