For those of you who clicked on this article expecting to hear my prognostications for the New Year about Facebook being broken up by the government, the demise of Twitter’s business model, and Russian bots running amuck with the US Presidential election, I’m sorry to disappoint you.
I’m not getting mixed up in any of those those scrums!
But, not to worry, plenty of others will if that’s your thing.
However, if you clicked on this article to learn what should happen to you on social media in 2020 then I have good news for you.
You’re in the right place because I’m going to tell you!
What should happen to you is the following:
- Your online community should continue to grow with engaged participants who can help you achieve your goals
- Your content should be liked, shared, and commented on by all and sundry
- Your goals, which you set for being on social media, are being achieved and are showing improvement over 2019
- Finally, you should be feeling pretty good about yourself on social media!
OK, you may say this sounds all well and good, but how do I make it happen for me?
Simple, I’m going to tell you!
My next list of “shoulds” for 2020:
- You should look back on your 2019 social media program and determine what worked and what didn’t
- You should do more of what did work and less of what didn’t
- You should try new things and you should look at your competitors and leading influencers to see what they’re doing that appears to be working
- You should increase your engagement
- You should strive to increase and improve your value added content
- You should give yourself at least one stretch goal to really knock it out of the park.
I know what many of you will say, “I don’t have time or the expertise!”
Fine, life is all about trade-offs.
Select the items that you can do and pursue them aggressively.
Even if it’s only one task, just do it!
I can assure you of one thing though.
If you do nothing then nothing will get better or, in all likelihood, even get worse.
The New Year’s in your hands.
What are you going to do about it?
Happy New Year!
That’s it for now!
Please check-out my 8 step approach for developing a social media program to get some more ideas on how to use social media.
Also, never forget to reach out to either ask questions or to ask for help from someone like myself!
In the meantime, thank you for following and reading my blog!
I look forward to any and all comments that you may have. I will reply to any comments made to this blog post as promptly as I can.
I do this for a living and if I can be of any assistance to either you or your organization, please feel free to call on me. Our initial discussion will be of no charge to you.
I can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My Twitter handle is @conpsweeney.